OUR MISSIONThe Foundation for Family and Community Healing's mission is to provide the building blocks that people need to foster good mental and emotional health, and to cultivate positive relationships with each other and Earth, resulting in...
- More satisfying lives
- Better physical & mental health
- An improved sense of meaning and purpose
- Reduced stress
- More productive work environments
- Better academic performance
- Resilient families and communities
- A healthier, more abundant, more stable, beautiful Earth
- Provide high quality and accessible educational programs to students, parents, and individuals.
- Offer programming and services for more in-depth learning and skill development.
- Explore and promote innovative environmental solutions by cultivating a healthy and reciprocal relationship with Earth.
- Create a research and grants program to further our understanding of these subjects.
- Cultivating a discussion and creating an action plan with stakeholders about climate solutions focused on humanity’s relationship with Earth.
- Promoting our commitment to Earth and Nature through our Show Love social media campaign.
- Planning and developing educational materials on the subjects of mental, emotional, and relationship health and skill development.
- Developing partnerships with which to share content, audiences, educational platforms, pilot testing, research, and program assessment.
The inspiration of this Foundation came from the life work and legacies of two individuals.
Christopher Lee Calvert came from a family that struggled through generations to build supportive and lasting relationships. In his adulthood, he created a group of friends and family that exhibits the loving, supportive relationships that all humans need and crave. His hope was to eventually reunite all parts of his own family by bridging divides and healing the wounds which separated them. These efforts were cut short by his untimely death.
Sabina Wu also devoted her life to supporting and uniting families and communities, and her work was cut short in the same manner. Her absence is felt across her family and the communities she served including the schools of New York City, her church, and the Tuck Alumni Association.
Founder and Executive Director
Dr. Susanna Wu-Pong Calvert, MAPP, PhD
Co-founder and Operations Director
Simon Wu-Pong (& Gru)
Gru helps out around the office by looking dapper in his bowtie and doing tricks for treats!
HELP OUR CAUSE
Your generous support and contributions will enable us to achieve our goal of thriving together.